How to play with a cat with and without toys: the best ideas that will be fun for you and your pet
Kittens are very agile. They like to chase not only toys. Sometimes the goal of the "hunt" is the feet of the owners. Of course, this behavior must be stopped immediately. Kitten must understand that the man in the house - the boss, and he needs to obey. How to play with a cat without and with toys? We will tell you about this in the article.
Toys for cats
For the kitten to develop the right character, it must be taught to catch the "prey," which are toys.
Kittens love to chase rustling paper bows. They like to chase solar bunnies and laser pointer beams, the main thing is not to hit the animal's eyes with the beams.
You can entertain the kitten with a maze with a ball or toy inside. Tubes with holes and toys inside will also work. If the kitten is very stubborn by nature, it should like such entertainment.
Some cats like to roll balls on the floor. It is enough to buy a simple ping-pong ball for your furry friend to provide him with interesting leisure. Or you can go to a pet store to buy a special toy. There are balls and mice with catnip inside. Perhaps your cat will like the scent of the herb.
If the cat is active, then mechanical toys that roll or jump will suit it. You can buy several options so that the furry friend can choose the one that it will like.
When buying a toy, it is important to make sure that it has no parts that the cat can chew and swallow.
How to play with a kitten without toys
If the pet is bored with store toys, or you just don’t have them on hand, you can entertain it on their own, using improvised stuff.
Ideas for cat toys:
1. Make a ball of paper. A rustling toy will attract the cat and it will chase it around the house. A foil ball will also work if the cat won't try to chew or eat it.
2. Make a boat out of paper and put it in a bowl of water. If your furry friend is inquisitive, it will be interesting to watch the ship sail.
3. Make a paper airplane. It is very simple and it is fun to launch such a toy. Perhaps the furry friend will run after it.
4. Arrange cardboard boxes in different places in the apartment. You can throw in dry food. For the kitten it will be real "houses" in which you can hide and have fun playing.
5. Make a maze out of several cardboard boxes glued together. They need to make a passageway for the kitten to move around. On the same principle, you can make a cat tunnel, hiding food in it.
6. Give the kitten a ball of thread to chase. It is important to make sure that the kitty does not swallow it.
7. Make a fishing rod. To do this, it is enough to take a stick and tie an interesting bait to it. This toy can be hung up at home for the pet to entertain himself.
8. Throw up a rustling bag. Cut the handles off before you do this so that the pet doesn't get stuck in them. Cats like bags no less than boxes.
9. Let the sun bunny fly. This will require a reflective surface and sunny weather. The beam should be directed at objects that are difficult to damage with claws.
10. Make a mat with a secret. To do this, you need to put a ribbon under it so that one of its ends looks out, and the other is in your hands. To make a furry friend begin to "hunt", it is necessary to pull the ribbon by its free edge.
Entertaining a cat is not difficult at all. Even if there are no toys from the pet store at home, you can use improvised means and enjoy the fun.